Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can Mormons possibly be as full of false doctrine as is stated on Y/A?

I work with the following people:


a fundie- I am on fire for god. Has a huge tatoo across her back with a nail thru a heart reading ';paid for with his blood';. She can be difficult to work with at times. Shes not horrible or anything extreme except in her beliefs.


a 7th day adventist- the world is 5,000 yrs old and dinosaurs were planted by a vast left wing conspiracy


a catholic- dantes inferno is not a work of fiction but is a true story nice guy but thats about the craziest thing I have heard in some time.


a former bishop in the Mormon faith- absolutely without question one of the finest human beings I have ever met. Never seen this guy get mad or freak out. Gentle and kind I could see this guy converting people just by works alone.





of course being an atheist I can tease them about the flood and all sorts of paradoxes in the bible. All in good fun but the fundie has gotten seriously pissed at me over the omniscent god thing.Can Mormons possibly be as full of false doctrine as is stated on Y/A?
There are a lot of incorrect things posted on YA. There are a lot of people with incorrect information who never bother to verify the information they have with reliable sources, but come in here and post it as fact. That is not just in the LDS church but I have seen biased things stated about other religions that I am sure are incorrect. If you would like the facts about the LDS church you can visit http://www.Mormon.Org or talk to the former bishop you work with. There are many people, like myself, who are willing to share information about our church with you, even if you are not interested in joinging our faith. I will talk to anyone about it as long as they don't intend to use it to bash or hurt, but simply to gain knowledge.





So here is a question for you this is not intended to be mean or anything- you ask if the LDS faith is full of False doctrines, yet you are Atheist, I am curious how an Atheist determines false doctrines? Wouldn't all religious teachings be false doctrine to an atheist? Again- I am just curious about that- no offense intended. I have been religious my entire life, so some of these things are hard for me to wrap my brain around. :)Can Mormons possibly be as full of false doctrine as is stated on Y/A?
Thanks, that helps me to understand you a little more.

Report Abuse



Presently,I will not say Mormons (as a whole) are perfect; but they are probably closer to the scriptural truth than many here n Y presently believe.
The answer to your original question is ';Yes, no doubt at all';.





A definitive response to you observations is curiously the same.





It's just a matter of time before some hopped up mormon doofus cuts and pastes the 13 articles of faith in hopes you will give up your ungodly ways and convert to mormonism.
You have been given a lot of good advice here. I can only agree with them...go to the source. Read, study, ponder, and pray. You can go to www.lds.org and read all our Scriptures, manual and magazines as well as transcripts of our general conferences that we have 2x a year where we get to listen to the prophet and other leaders of the church. Do your own research. You don't even have to talk to anyone...just read, study, ponder, and pray. www.mormons.org is a good starting place to get a basic understanding. If nothing else...you will understand why your former bishop is the way he is. :) Good Luck.
GO TO THE MORMON CHURCH AND LEARN FOR YOURSELF...GO TO THE SOURCE...





WOULD YOU ASK AN ITALIAN ABOUT HOW BRAZIL IS..IF HE HAS NEVER LEFT ITALY? WOULD YOU ASK AN AMERICAN ABOUT CANADIAN LAWS IF HE HAS NEVER LEFT HIS OWN COUNTRY???





GOD GAVE YOU A BRAIN, TWO LEGS AND A SOUL...





DON'T RELY ON THOSE WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS..
Very nice, thoughtful, sincere question. It was refreshing to read it. Thanks.





As I have said before, if you want to know the truth about a given religion, go to that religion and find out from the water's source. Not downstream where it can be polluted and unclear. If you want to know about Mormonism, talk to a Mormon. If you want to know about Catholicism, ask a Catholic, and so on.
That was funny and enlightening, thank you. There are always going to be people lurking around trying to disprove (to themselves) any religion. Some funny things: When I was an LDS missionary, I was told ';you girls are too pretty to be Mormon.'; I was also asked, ';I thought Mormons had horns?'; to which I replied, ';Actually, I just had mine clipped...';
I like you question and examples. It is my assertion that you can find extremes in all religions.





Where as I am a Mormon and believe all the doctrine therein and I see a majority of great and good Mormons -- I would be remiss if I did not state that my agnostic sister-in-law is as great or greater than any Mormon that I have met.





Also my Non-denominational Christian father-in-law is also a great man.





But Mormon Doctrine and the logic of it's intricacies draw me in and the confirmation of the Holy Spirit tells me that the Gospel of Jesus Christ with in the LDS church is true!





We are not loaded with false doctrine.





Thanks for the good Question.





D
the Mormons change their beliefs all the time, so what is true doctrine one day can be false the next. many Mormons do not even know what their own church believes or has believed in the past. things are seriously sugar coated. i would do some research on your own, my suggestion is to find info from Mormons that left the LDS voluntarily. that last guy you mention, i would not go so far as to say that he is such a nice man just because he is Mormon. i live in a community with many Mormons and i will say that they are human just like the rest of us, and i've seen them act as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment